Why Progressive Lenses?
While all of us would like to feel eternally young when you reached the age of 40 or so the need for the dreaded “B” word (bifocal) will eventually be mentioned by your eye care doctor. The baby-boomer generation is maturing but mature doesn’t have to mean “old”. Progressive Lenses are bifocals without a line which allows patients the ability to focus from distance to near without having to take the glasses on and off.
Why Do I Need Progressive Lenses?
Once you reach the age of 40, give or take a few years, a person’s vision gradually changes and increases over a five to seven year period and then it usually stabilizes. The gradual change is caused by the crystalline lens inside the eye to change shape. The changing shape of the crystalline lens allows one to focus from distance to near and back. Tiny attachments to the lens called zonules gradually lose their abilty to cause the lens to change shape and hence to allow focusing at different distances. This is a natural maturing (aging) change and will happen to all of us.
Choosing the Right Progressive Lens
For all the powers of progressive lenss to fit within a pair of eyeglasses the lenses use to have to rather large but that time has past. Here at FramesEmporium.com, our optical lab provides and recommends three types of progressive lenses:
- Varilux Comfort – The most recommended, best-selling premium progressive addition lens (PAL) of all time, Varilux Comfort® lenses are the gold standard by which all progressive lenses are judged. More than 100 million pairs have been dispensed!
- Varilux® Physio® lenses are the only progressive lenses with the distortion-reducing benefits of W.A.V.E. Technology™: Wavefront Advanced Vision Enhancement, giving you better vision than you probably thought was possible, whether you are looking near, far, or anywhere in-between.
- Varilux 360 Digital Technology – this is a digitally surfaced lens ( new lens design ) that is one of the top progressive lenses on the If you want better optics through the entire lens then this is the lens for you. It supports a vertical height of 23mm and up to 30% wider fields of vision in all areas of the lens. Vision so natural, it is as if the lens and the eye are working as one.
Varilux Unique Digital Technology
Since the creation of the first Varilux lens in 1959, Essilor’s unmatched dedication to research and development has been focused on a single goal-helping eye care professionals to provide patients with the most natural vision possible.
The eye in its full youth and health is able to see the world in all its beauty. Varilux research into the human visual system allows patients to continue to enjoy this visual experience all their lives – whatever the distance, whatever their age.
Every Varilux lens design undergoes a rigorous series of wearer trials and clinical testing to ensure optimal performance. The goal of this process is to create progressive lens designs that can integrate seamlessly into the visual system-lens, eye, brain and body.
Adjusting to Progressive Lenses
If you’re new to progressive lenses it could take several days to a couple weeks to adjust.
You must learn to move your head to see things, you cannot simply keep your head straight and move your eyes because you’ll be looking through a blurry part of the lens. As mentioned, it could take some time to adapt, one could experience dizziness and headaches during the time that you are adapting. Please call us to speak to optician or consult your eyecare specialist to get instructions on how to use progressive lenses.
With today’s lens designs, nearly everyone can wear progressive lenses successfully especially the Kodak Unique Digitally Technology because its only been in rare cases a patient has not been able to adjust.
FramesEmporium.com can add Progressive Lenses to your eyeglasses, sunglasses, prescription eyeglasses, or prescription sunglasses, our lab facility can customize any order so contact us or call us at 1-800-685-6184 for further details.
Leave a comment
- Vogue Sunglasses : The super stylish women
- Prada Designer Sunglasses – Prada sunglasses are definitely for the lady who loves glamour.
- Trendy Sunglasses of the Season are Over the Top
- Fashion of Oversized Sunglasses
- Tommy Hilfiger Sunglasses : Best Selling Styles
- Fendi Sunglasses – Luxury Fashion
- Some Tips to Care for Your Eyeglasses.
- Sunglasses Safe & Stylish
- Tips for Maintain Good Eye Health
- Armani Sunglasses : The Fashion Phenomenon